Friday, February 6, 2009

It's a Hard Knock Life!


Yesterday is one of my tough days at work. It was made especially long as two of my classes had substitutes. The students really took advantage of that...in a big way!!! They were very disruptive and noisy. One class was so bad that I hit the counter to get their attention and told them that I was very dissappointed. It isn't how we behave when our teacher is here ...it is how we behave when she is NOT here that is important! The last class of the day was Kindergarden....precious and adorable! They are so good and quiet. They quickly get their new books and they actually listen to their teacher! What a concept. (Sometimes I think that the 4-6th grades need to come in and observe the Kindergarden students to see how to behave in the library!) So as this class was leaving...one little girl whispered to me " I fixed your pillows" and she had a huge grin on her adorable little face. We have 2 sofas and 2 rocking chairs in our library....I know, I know...kind of unusual. But she had put 3 pillows on each couch and a pillow on each rocker. We really never put the pillows on the rockers but I left them right where they were! What a reminder ..."out of small things come that which is great". That one act cheered up my day like none other! That one simple act of thoughtful kindness! I love it!! Thank you ,Thank you little Kindergarden girl!

No comments: