Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Shhh, I'm Reading



I just read an e-mail from my beautiful daughter, Aubry about reading...so I thought I would update this blog with what I have been reading lately. Working in a library at an elementary school, I try to read at least a book a week.....sometimes it is many more than that due to some being picture books. But I noticed over the last school year there is a series of books that hardly ever are on the shelves in our library. Students are forever looking for it and then placing holds on it. SO, I thought "why haven't I read this series?" I started on the first book of Fablehaven last Wednesday and am now on book 3. The characters are so easy to get attached to and I actually laugh out loud at some of the antics and sayings of Seth...the younger brother of the heroine and a 6th grader! (That says it all right there! ha! Especially if you have a 6th grader anywhere near you!) Very good books! Good over evil and all that. Magical creatures that live on magical preserves! and of course...there are the fairies!

No comments: